- A new national network of daycare centres attached to primary and nursery schools to provide 50 hours of daycare/nursery education to all two, three and four year olds in the country.
- The same network to provide 35 hours of care for 1-2 year olds.
- Cover to be provided for 51 weeks of the year – not just term-time.
- Staffing ratio’s better than current nursery ratios.
- Wage rates and charges to be set nationally.
- 703,000 FTE child carers to be recruited from people aged 55 years or older. Grandparents welcome.